Monday, June 23, 2008

How Do You Keep Your House Spotless?

I feel like I am constantly cleaning and cleaning, yet never fully satisfied with the results. Carson is at the age where he can and will help me clean up, but as soon as he "helps", he undoes EVERYTHING! Whenever I go to my mom's, dad's, and grandma's, I always covet how clean and uncluttered their houses are. I know, I know. That's bad. I think having a little one around the house has something to do with why my house feels so cluttered. None of them have tons of little toys in every room like we do. Chance's (my youngest brother at 17) toys include the laptop, PS3, and his cell phone. Alice has a killer play room that is enormous to keep all of her kids' things. Maybe the spare bed should be a play room. It's small, but could work. Then again, baby #2 is coming and will need somewhere to sleep. At any rate, how do you guys do it!?! I need some tips on keeping it spotless with a little one! I think my problem is I want everything spotless and I get overwhelmed. I am going to try something new this week though and see how well it works. It's really just simplifying the whole cleaning process. Here's the plan...I am going to clean a few rooms a day and when they are done, then I can scrapbook, go to the pool, etc. without feeling guilty. I know...not a hard concept, but one that I think will really work for me since it's not so overwhelming trying to clean it all in one day and never having any me time. So here's what I'm going for:

Monday - The Kitchen
Tuesday - Laundry, Laundry, Laundry
Wednesday - The Bedrooms
Thursday - The Living Room
Friday - Laundry, Laundry, Laundry
Saturday - The Bathrooms

Can I really get all the laundry done in only 2 days without letting it seriously pile up?? We'll just have to see this week. I may need to make some adjustments, but I am thinking this will work!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

If someone has a spotless house with a toddler, they have issues and so will their kids.

My kids are learning to have pigsty issues from me! Our house is always dirty it seems. But, containing everything to one playroom is really great...that's my first and only advice..everyone needs a play room..get those toys out of the living room and the bedroom...it's all about containment. It will keep you a little sane.

Good luck with your new routine. I do most of my laundry on Saturdays and MOndays.

Anonymous said...

My house is never clean. . .even when it is clean! Jarrett and I have moved a few times and we could never list our houses to sell until we moved out because there is no way to keep a house "show worthy" with kids. I'm keeping Jayna this week who is in the crawling stage, and let’s just say her legs are covered in black dirt from my floor. . .poor thing, but I'm still not going to mop!!

Anonymous said...

what if you want the place spotless but your just too lazy to do it??????????????

Meagan said...

I think that that may be my problem!

Anonymous said...

LOL! my house STAYS pretty clean, and I have a 2 year old. Im a neat freak. This is how I do it. I have a scheudal (daily) I stick to it, cleaning goes right along with snacks and naps! I clean the kintchen including counters after every meal. I sweep and swiffer every day. I wipe other areas off areound the house everyday. I dont half A** (sorry) I dont put things off either. My motto is if it can be done in 5 minutes or less do it now. I just clean as Im going throughout the day. Try writting down all the chores, then make a list for daily chores, weekly, monthly, yearly. Stick to the list. I do all the laundry up in one day. I always have time to do fun things to. You have time for whatever you make time for.I am a stay at home mom though, with only one baby. Oh and keep organized! This is my first time to your blogg, its very cute. goodluck!

Anonymous said...

aWhen my boys were young I mean 2 and 3 years old I had a 2 bedroom apartment and my apartment was very spotless, clean, immaculate and very organized. My boys were allowed to play with their toys in the living room and as soon as they were done playing with them I picked up their toys and they were put right back in their room. Now that my oldest disabled son lives with me and my husband we live in a huge 6 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms and still manage to keep the house immaculate, clean and spotless and still is organized and we clean it everyday yes we are a neat freak family and it takes us no more than 45 minutes to keep it together. Our home should be the reflection of us.