Friday, February 26, 2010

Weekly Roundup

This week was a really good week. I spent more than last week, but last week was my cheapest Publix trip. Here's the breakdown.

CVS

Transaction #1

This week I started off with $10 ECB. I picked up my favorite eye shadow and some Colgate toothpaste for the kiddos and only paid $1.77. I saved $10.05, which is a 85% savings. I also earned $4 ECB. This was a total money maker.

Transaction #2

Here's what else I bought (well, minus transaction #1 in there too). I ended up with 2 packages of toilet paper and 3 packages of paper towels for only $7.65. I saved $36.00 with ECBs, MQs, and an extra CVS Q for $5 off $15 purchase from the scanner. An 82% saving on paper towels and toilet paper is not to shabby!

Target

We were in need of dog food this week. Luckily it was on sale and I had a coupon. I ended up paying $24.45 for it all and saved $27.40. Each item averaged out to $1.53 which is awesome with the dog stuff included.

Publix
Pic 1


Pic 2

So this week I bought a ton and it won't even fit in one picture! There were some killer deals. I even picked up some fresh shrimp (yes, I did have a coupon for it). I ended up spending $60.34 and saved $189.64 (which is my largest dollar amount of savings)! AWESOME!

Side story: I went grocery shopping Wednesday night and Mom went to Publix Thursday night. She had a $1 coupon and said, "Well it's only a dollar, but every little bit helps." The bagger then told her that just last night a lady came in and saved $189 and only spent $60. Mom then proceeded to tell him that that lady was her daughter. Too funny!

1 comments:

David said...

I know a way to save more on toilet paper than any coupon or special. This covers all the bases = saves you money, helps the environment, helps your health, makes you feel better, it's so easy to do and it costs less than $50.00; Save money and the Earth and be clean at the same time! Add Bathroom Bidet Sprayers to all your bathrooms. I think Dr. Oz on Oprah said it best: "if you had pee or poop on your hand, you wouldn't wipe it off with paper, would you? You'd wash it off” Available at www.bathroomsprayers.com with these you won't even need toilet paper any more, just a towel to dry off! Don’t worry, you can still leave some out for guests and can even make it the soft stuff without feeling guilty. It's cheap and can be installed without a plumber; and runs off the same water line to your toilet. You'll probably pay for it in a few months of toilet paper savings. As for water use a drought is always a concern and must be dealt with prudently but remember the water use of industrial users far exceeds the water use of household users and in the case of toilet paper manufacture it is huge. The pollution and significant power use from that manufacturing process also contributes to global warming so switching to a hand bidet sprayer and lowering your toilet paper use is very green in multiple ways.