Tuesday, January 6, 2009

CTR


Sunday was Carson's first day in Primary. He is now a Sunbeam...though I don't think the classes are called that anymore. At any rate, Carson was super excited about going to Primary. It was the only way I could get him up and ready for church (Jordan was at his morning meetings). Before we left for church, I handed Carson his first Book of Mormon. I debriefed him on not crying or fussing because he doesn't get to pray. I informed him that everyone would take turns (he ALWAYS wants to be the one to pray and can make a scene if he doesn't get to pray). When we arrived at church, Carson didn't want to go to Sacrament Meeting. He wanted to go to Primary. I informed him that no one was in Primary until after Sacrament Meeting. When he finally did get to go to Primary, he was so excited and he had a great time. Carson received a CTR ring in class. He learned that CTR stands for Choose the Right. I thought man I can totally use this to help parent. After we came home and ate lunch, it was time for a nap. Carson did not want to take one. I told him he needed to Choose the Right and listen to Mommy and Daddy. He then responded, "No, I Choose the Left!!" What a crack up!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is still called Sunbeams. And if he's gonna choose the left, you may want to start putting him in some acting classes so he can learn how to be femmy! he he

That kid is ALL boy!

Amy Niebuhr said...

That kid is so funny. I'm impressed that he knows left and right. I'm so glad he had so much fun in Primary.

Alice Faye said...

I LOVE THREE YEAR OLDS!!! Before we left Dad said, "Mom I think we could take him home with us." I don't think Nana would like that though.